FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We offer 24-hour check in. The front door at Egg Cottage is coded – each guest has their own unique code. No need to pick up keys or worry about losing them. Arrive at your leisure and according to your schedule, anytime after 4:00pm.
Check-out is easy and there are only a few things we ask you to do before leaving the cottage:
Load and Start the dishwasher.
Do not strip beds. (Please leave beds with sheets and pillowcases left on.)
Leave out used towels, robes, beach towels, throw blankets, tablecloth and picnic gear. (So they can be laundered and cleaned.)
Close and Lock windows and doors. Close window blinds.
We’re right in the village of Egg Harbor, on Egg Harbor’s “Main Street”, Highway 42 – walking distance to everything in the village core. Specifically, the cottage is two houses north of County Road E. Google Map
We designed Egg Cottage to be the perfect couples getaway – for a single couple or up to four people. We offer a 1st floor only cottage option (1 bedroom/1 bath) that is ideal for two people or a solo getaway. There’s also a whole house 2 beds/2 baths rental option, very comfortable for up to four adults. With either rental option, you’ll always have the entire property to yourself.
Our booking engine is extremely secure and we’re able to accept Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover, JCB and Diners Club.
During the booking process we ask that a Government ID be provided by guests staying for the first time. Once you’re a returning guest and therefore a member of the Egg Cottage family, ID isn’t required for subsequent stays.
Security is important to us. Without an ID matching the name entered into the Rental Agreement, we can’t verify to whom we’re giving access to our home. This is a measure to protect us from bad actors who may use aliases to rent vacation homes.
We have a very standard cancellation policy. To make this policy fair to everyone, please know that we will enforce this exact policy in all situations with no exceptions.
- We give 100% refunds on lodging fee, cleaning fee and sales tax (minus a $60 administrative fee) for cancellations made 60 days prior to arrival.
- If travel insurance has been purchased, guest should contact the insurance company directly to cancel the policy. Generally, Travel insurance can be cancelled for a full refund within 10 days of purchase, as long as no claim has been made against it.
- A Cancellation or early departure made within 59 days of arrival does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit. When/if fully re-booked, 90% of the rental amount, cleaning fee, and sales tax already paid will be refunded. If we are not able to rebook the period that you booked, there would be no refund provided.
- Cancellation request must be written (email with confirmed response is fine).
- Moving an existing reservation to a future date is considered a cancellation.
- There are no refunds for bad weather, snow, no-shows, late arrival or early departure.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have questions, please contact us and we will get back to you within 2 business days, but usually much sooner.
When you book you have the option of purchasing travel insurance directly from the insurance provider (this has become quite popular). During booking/checkout you will have the opportunity to more closely review the policies before final policy purchase. You can choose from two options:
- Standard Travel Insurance – Protects your vacation up to 100% for covered reasons like illness, injury, natural disasters, delays and more. (Read more)
- Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) Travel Insurance – Protects your vacation up to 100% for covered reasons like illness, injury, natural disasters, travel delays and more. You can also cancel for a reason not listed in the policy and be eligible for a 60% reimbursement. Only available to US residents (excluding NH, NY and WA state residents). (Read more)
Egg Cottage offers High Speed Wireless Internet that’s password protected and secure.
We supply a lot of what you’ll need at Egg Cottage, but here are some suggestions:
- Bug Spray & Sun Screen Lotion
- Food & Drinks
- Toiletries like Toothbrush/Toothpaste, Deodorant, Contact Solution, etc. (We supply luxury all-natural shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and lotion.)
- Butter, Sour Cream, Ketchup, Mustard or Any Other Perishable Items
- Firewood for the fire pit (Please Buy Local on Your Way Up)
Egg Cottage has a large screened gazebo with a dining table for four. It’s perfectly positioned to take in the water views and sunsets. Keep your eyes peeled, we’ve often spotted eagles soaring over the backyard bluff.
Yes. We provide all sheets, kitchen and bath towels as well as robes and beach towels.
Few folks spend much vacation time watching TV in Door County, but at Egg Cottage you’ll have that option. There’s a 58″ Smart TV in the living room, with access to your Netfix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and YouTube accounts. Up to 22 local channels are available depending on the weather. We do not have cable TV or a DVD player.
Ditch the car for the day: After morning coffee in the gazebo watching sailboats drift by, walk across the street and have some cherry pancakes at one of Door County’s best breakfast spots. Then hit Egg Harbor’s beautiful sand beach, rent some kayaks and explore the coast, stock up on wine at the Main Street Market, toss something tasty on the grill and dine in the gazebo as the sun sets.
When we’re at the cottage, a walk down to the Egg Harbor beach is part of our everyday experience. It’s a gorgeous sand beach and is under a mile away. For us, it’s about a 15 minute walk. Here’s a link to a map showing the way from Egg Cottage to the Beach.
We have a terrific picnic backpack with a wine bottle holder, plates, cutlery and wine glasses for four. We also offer a picnic blanket/mat, beach towels, beach umbrella and a cooler. Just be sure to pack sunscreen and a hat.
We’ve set up the yard to enjoy the views throughout the day. The Gazebo is great for dining and napping on the daybed. The teak bench is terrific in the morning when the sun warms your shoulders. The Adirondack chairs provide a place to put up your feet for most of the afternoon. The granny wicker chairs are in the shade late day.
Yes we do. There’s one in each of the bathrooms. There’s no need to bring your own.
Yes. There is a Tivoli radio in each bedroom, with Bluetooth capabilities. Additionally, the soundbar on the living room Smart TV is also Bluetooth capable.
Yes, Egg Cottage does have zoned climate controlled AC and Heat. You’ll be cool on hot Summer days and plenty warm on the coldest of Winter nights.
We have three standard size on-site private parking driveway spots to accommodate our guests. One of those spots is in a covered carport. Overnight parking on the street is allowed May through the end of October.
As much as we love the little ones, we’re not set-up to host children. Egg Cottage is an adults getaway. Renter and guests must be twenty-one years of age or older.
Pets are not allowed on the property (inside or outside) at any time.
Absolutely no smoking or vaping. We are a smoke-free property including all outdoor spaces.
Unfortunately, Egg Cottage is not handicap accessible. With that said, it may work for those with lesser mobility issues. The first floor rental option provides everything you need on one level (bedroom, bathroom, laundry, kitchen, dining, living room, deck and gazebo). Please note, there are two steps up to gain entry to the front door and the front walkway is a fieldstone path.
Yes, we do have a fire pit. Please buy your wood locally on your way up or at the Main Street Market in Egg Harbor.
When we were looking for a Door County cottage, we only wanted to be in Egg Harbor, for many reasons. We created an entire page on our site answering this question, featuring the Top 10 Reasons.
There are three courses less than 5 minutes from Egg Cottage and one more only 8 minutes away. Egg Harbor courses include the The Orchards (18 hole championship golf course continuously rated as one of the best in DC), Stonehedge (9 hole affordable family-friendly course), the Alpine (featuring stunning water views), and the exclusive Horseshoe Bay (4th ranked private golf course in Wisconsin).
DRIVE from Egg Cottage: Stonehedge – 2 minute drive, The Orchards – 3 minutes, Alpine – 4 minutes, Horseshoe Bay – 8 minutes.
Rates & pricing will vary depending on the rental option, length of stay and season. There is also a one-time cleaning fee and lodging taxes. Click here for Current Rental Options & Rates details.
Our payment terms are very standard. A deposit of 50% is required when your reservation is made. The remaining balance is due 31 days before arrival. If paying by credit card, there is no need to do anything as your credit card will be automatically charged the 50% balance.
- If your arrival date is less than thirty (31) days from the date you are making the reservation, payment of the entire amount will be due at the time of booking.
- After final payment is received and cleared and prior to arrival, we will provide rental information by e-mail which includes directions, check-in instructions, keyless entry code, and other useful information for your stay.
A refundable $500 Security Deposit hold will be placed on your Credit Card approximately 7 days prior to your arrival and will be released within 7 days of your departure. We will not charge anything unless the cottage has been damaged or has not been left in expected condition, as outlined in the rental agreement. You’ll be able to review the full rental agreement before supplying your credit card information.
Check-In: From 4:00pm
Check-Out: By 11:00am
Our rental length is flexible – stay for a long 3-night weekend or settle in for an extended retreat. Click here to view current availability.
While linens and bath towels are included, daily housekeeping service is not included.