Door County Covid-19 Dining Guide
Last updated July 17, 2020
Door County Covid-19 Dining
*Update: On June 30, Destination Door County (the chamber of commerce) issued a very complete, very useful 2020 restaurant guide (link below). Our guide was created only because, until now, a dining guide for this Covid year didn’t exist. Now that one has been created, we will stop updating our original guide. The original guide begins under the link to the “Destination Door County Restaurant Guide”.
Door County Restaurants (and a few drinking establishments) with Table Service and/or Access to Tables:
- Big Easy Bagel – Outdoor seating available to enjoy carry out. Order online, over the phone or at their order window.
- Casey’s – Socially distanced full service dining room and bar. Backyard patio available to enjoy self-service carryout meals and cocktails. Wed-Sun, Noon-9pm (bar open later)
- Fireside & The Pub – Socially distanced full-service patio dining during lunch and dinner.
- Glacier Ledge @ Door Artisan Cheese – Socially distanced dining inside and on patio terrace. Thurs/Fri/Sat/Mon 12-9pm. Sunday Brunch 9am-2pm. Reservations not required but appreciated. Online Reservations. Also offering takeout & call-ahead curbside pick up. Main Menu. Sunday Brunch Menu. 920-868-1333.
- Greens N Grains – Providing outdoor tables under the porch and in the garden to enjoy self-service meals. Open 9am-4pm daily.
- Hatch Distillery – Socially distanced outdoor seating.
- Mojo Rosa’s – Outdoor dining Thurs-Mon 4pm-10pm. (Village Cafe breakfast/lunch served at this location earlier in the day, view hours below.)
- Shipwrecked – Standard indoor and patio seating with socially distanced dining offered in upstairs dining room.
- Village Cafe (at Mojo Rosa’s) – View Menu. Village Café breakfast & lunch now served at sister restaurant, Mojo Rosa’s (center of Egg Harbor village), Fri-Sat 7am-2pm, Thurs/Sun/Mon 8am-2pm in the backyard and patios. Order online for Curbside pickup. 920-868-3247.
- Wild Pizza Works & One Barrel Brewing – Socially distanced seating indoors and on patio.
- Alexander’s – Socially distanced indoor seating as well as outdoor dining. Outside patio is first come, first served. Tues-Sun, bar at 4pm, dining at 5pm. Hoping to offer Sunday Brunch soon.
- Barringer’s Restaurant – Socially distanced indoor dining with reservations Thurs-Sun, 4-9pm. Curbside available 11am-9pm. Curbside Menu Here. Also offering Grill Out Packages – Grill Out Packages Here. 920.868.5445.
- Bayside Tavern – Socially distanced indoor dining with added outdoor seating behind tavern, overlooking the harbor.
- Blue Horse Beach Cafe – Outside seating available. Enter building to order at plexiglass-protected register. Online ordering also available.
- The Cookery – Socially distanced indoor dining and patio dining. Weds-Sun, 8am-8pm (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- English Inn – Social distanced inside or outside patio dining and take out. From 4 pm, 7 days a week.
- Fika Bakery & Coffeehouse – Indoor and outdoor seating available. Thurs-Mon, 7:30am-3pm. Call for takeout and curbside pickup: 920-868-5105. View Menu
- Gibraltar Grill – Socially distanced dining both inside and out. Also offering traditional takeout and CARHOP Service. Daily 4pm-9pm.
- Julie’s Park Cafe @ Julie’s Motel – Socially distanced indoor dining. Additional outdoor dining includes full service and takeout seating options. View Breakfast & Lunch Menus. Thurs-Tues 6:59am–3:01pm. No reservations needed. Order Takeout Online Here. 920-868-2999.
- Taco Cerveza (Fish Creek) – Fri-Mon, 11am-5pm. Order in person or call 920-868-5255. Phasing in socially distanced standing at outdoor tables, no seating. View Menu
- Whistling Swan – Socially distanced indoor seating available. Lunch and dinner Wed-Sun 12pm-8pm.
- White Gull Inn – Indoor table service now available!
- Wild Tomato – Socially distanced indoor seating as well as outdoor seating available.
- Chef’s Hat – Socially distanced indoor dining and patio dining. They have installed floor-to-ceiling panels in the restaurant between tables, for additional protection.
- Old Post Office – Socially distanced indoor dining with additional outdoor seating. Breakfast 7 days a week, 7:30am-11:30am Mon-Sat, until Noon on Sundays. Reservations not accepted. Breakfast Menu. Call for takeout & curbside pick up: 920-854-4034.
- Excellent fish boil choice (see “Fish Boils” section below for details).
- Summer Kitchen – Socially distanced indoor dining. Breakfast and lunch everyday 7am-3pm. Also offering curbside take-out.
- Trixie’s – Indoor table service and patio seating is limited to first come, first served. Takeaway also still available. Thurs-Mon, 5pm-9pm.
- Wilson’s Restaurant & Ice Cream – Offering multiple options. If you prefer not to come into the building, place ice cream or food order over the phone: 920-854-2041. Menu is online and also posted outside of the restaurant in 3 locations. CARRYOUT ICE CREAM – Serving ice cream from the fountain inside. When busy, a hostess on the front porch will hand out numbers and allow a few groups at a time. INSIDE DINING – Socially distanced seating. See the hostess for a table. OUTSIDE DINING – Socially distanced seating with table service. Seating is self-seating and available on a first come first served basis. Daily 11am-10:30pm.
- Al Johnson’s – Socially distanced indoor dining 7am-3pm. Hostess station is now outside (sorry, no waiting in lobby, they’ll announce your table when ready).
- Boathouse on the Bay – July 16 update: temporarily suspended inside dining and inside bar seating. Still offering outside patio dining for lunch and dinner. View Menu. For Curbside Carryout or Delivery call 920-854-3223 or Order Online. Tues-Sun 11am-8pm, until 9pm Fri/Sat/Sun. (Closed Monday).
- Chop – Socially distanced indoor dining and patio dining. 5pm-8pm nightly, until 9pm Fri-Sat. Reservations are highly recommended and can be made on website.
- Door County Creamery – Shop and patio are now open. Wed-Mon, 11am-7pm. Curbside pick-up continues: Order Online Here.
- Husby’s – Inside and Outside Seating Available. Open @ 11am daily.
- Lure – Socially distanced indoor dining and patio dining. Wed-Mon 5pm-8pm, until 9pm Fri-Sat. . Reservations are highly recommended and can be made on website.
- Roots Inn & Kitchen – Socially distanced outdoor dining and takeout. Lunch: Fri-Tues 11:30-2:30 (closed Wed & Thurs). Menu changes weekly – Go Here for Current Menu. Takeout orders: 920-854-5107.
- Sister Bay Bowl – Inside dining with partitions installed between tables. Dinner from 4pm nightly, Lunch Thurs-Sun from 11am. Food served at the outdoor Alley Bar 12-8:30 Fri/Sat/Sun. First come, first served.
- Waterfront – Dining room is open.
- Wild Tomato – Socially distanced indoor seating as well as outdoor seating available.
- Hugel Haus – Full service dining both inside and at the outdoor picnic tables. Thurs-Mon, 4pm-9pm with HAPPY HOUR 4pm-6pm. Also offering curbside pickup. Website.
- Wickman House – Full service outdoor dining. Seating is first come, first served. They also welcome you to picnic on the property with your take out order. Serving a BBQ menu for 2020.
- AC Tap – Take out or eat on their outside patio.
- Coyote Roadhouse – Outdoor seating available with indoor seating hopefully coming soon.
- Chives – Indoor dining Weds/Thurs 4-9pm, Fri/Sat 4-10pm, Sun 9am-2pm. Curb side pick-up Wed-Sun 3pm-8pm. View To Go Menu
- Clover & Ash – Socially distanced indoor dining available. Lunch and Dinner.
- Harbor Fish Market & Grill – Socially distanced indoor & outdoor dining. Breakfast, lunch & dinner 7 days a week from 7:30 am.
- Heirloom Cafe & Provisions – Walk-up window and outside dining. Weds-Sun, 8:30am-2pm, until 4;30pm on Saturday.
- PC Junction (lunch)- Socially distanced indoor & outdoor dining. Wed-Mon, 10am-4pm (closed Tues). Carryout: 920-839-2048. View Menu
- Pizza Czar @ PC Junction (dinner) – Socially distanced indoor & outdoor dining. Wed-Mon 4pm-close (closed Tues). Carryout: 920-839-2048. View Pizza Menu
- Thyme Cuisine @ Maxwelton Braes Lodge – Socially distanced indoor & outdoor dining. Breakfast & Lunch daily, 7:30am-2pm. Dinner Mon-Sat, 4:30pm-8pm. Reservations not required. View Menus & Specials Here. Curbside pick up upon request during lunch & dinner. To place order: 920-839-2500.
- Island Fever Rum Bar & Grill – Socially distanced indoor & outdoor dining. Open at 11am daily except Tuesdays. Serving until 8pm (Sunday), 8:30pm (Mon/Wed/Thurs) and 9pm (Fri & Sat). Takeout: 920-823-2700.
- Donny’s @ Glidden Lodge (Sturgeon Bay) – Patio lunch 11am-2pm Thurs-Sat and socially distanced nightly dinner 4pm-9pm 7 days a week.
- Shoreline (Gills Rock) – Inside dining and continuing to offer curb side carry out. Dinner Weds-Fri, Lunch & Dinner Sat-Sun.
As of June 19, all four of these popular fish boils are up and running. Click Here for our “Four Classic Door County Fish Boils” reviews.
- White Gull Inn (Fish Creek) – Open. Fish boils offered at 5:00pm, 6:30pm, & 8:00pm Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun evenings. Reservations: 920-868-3517.
- Old Post Office (Ephraim) – Open. Fish Boils at 5:00pm, 6:30pm and 7:45 nightly except Sundays. Fish Boil Info. Reservations required: 920-854-4034.
- Viking Grill (Ellison Bay) – Open. Fish Boils Fridays and Saturdays at 5pm and 6pm. Reservations: 920-854-2998.
- Pelletier’s (Fish Creek) – Open. Because of Social Distancing they will have 4 Seatings a night: 5:00pm, 6:00pm, 7:00pm and 8:00pm. Reservations: 920-868-3313.
About this Guide
This page was made in earnest to help restaurants in our small villages that rely on seasonal visitors. We are doing this “FOR FREE” in order to both support restaurants and to help visitors navigate 2020’s Covid waters. It’s taken a lot of work to put this together, but as a small Door County business, we’d like to do what we can to help our Door County community and its visitors. PLEASE HELP and share it to your social media. We all need to watch out for each other this year. This is our small way to help.
There is no charge to be listed, we only ask that in the spirit of community you post this Dining Guide on your Facebook page once we have added you. To be added, send a note that you agree to the above, along with your 2020 information to: email@example.com
- Dining indoors? If so, indicate if tables are socially distanced and if reservations are required.
- Patio/outdoor seating? If so, is the outdoor dining full-service or self-service.
- Still offering Takeaway/Online Ordering? Provide a link to your online menu and ordering instructions.
- Operating hours and days.
- Anything else significant for this year diners should know?
A note on Sturgeon Bay restaurants: This guide focuses on the small villages north of the city of Sturgeon Bay. There are numerous terrific restaurants in Sturgeon Bay – too many to cover in Covid detail here. However, if someone with knowledge of 2020’s Covid situation in Sturgeon Bay creates a similar page for the city, please contact us and we would be very happy to share the link on this page.